Drainage and Service Connections

Drainage and Service Connections

Stormwater or sewer pipes

Any sewerage or stormwater drainage line located in Council's nature strip area must be of PVC (sewer grade) pipe work and properly sealed to prevent tree root penetration.

Connections to kerb and gutter

All stormwater connections to kerb must be made in accordance to Council's standards.

Where multiple outlets are needed a minimum of 100mm between outlets should be provided.

Refer to standard construction specification for further details.

Standard Kerb Outlet Specification

Road and footpath openings

All service connections in footpath or roadway requires approval from Council and a road opening application needs to be submitted. Road opening applications can be completed at Council's Customer Service Centre