Council's Community Services section aims to provide access to a range of community services, facilities and information resources that meet the needs of the local community.
This is achieved by planning and advocating for local community services, coordinating service delivery and supporting local groups.
What we do
- Provide community information and referral service
- Coordinate, support, assist or participate in regional forums and interagencies
- Undertake planning to identify the needs in the community-particularly of groups such as aged, people with a disability, youth, women and people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Co-ordinate events that celebrate significant milestones for the community, and promote community participation such as Seniors Week, Youth Week, Harmony Day and International Day of People with a Disability
- Administer Community Grants Program
- Manage Council's Children's Services including Carss Park Narani Childcare Centre, Ocean Street Kindergarten, South Hurstville Kindergarten
- Development and implementation of the Crime Prevention and Safety Strategy
- Development and implementation of the Disability Strategy
- Development and implementation of the Cultural Plan
- Economic Development