Motorcycle Helmet Rating
To help you select the safest and most comfortable helmets, please visit Safer Motorcycle Helmets which features the following information:
- Helmets are assessed for ventilation and noise level.
- Helmet crash effectiveness tested.
- Suggestions for fitting a helmet correctly.
Other useful related links include:
- Roads and Maritime Services
- Motorcycle Council of NSW
- Survive The Ride Association of NSW
- The Good Gear Guide for motorcycle and scooter riders:
- Making Motorcycling Safer - What you can do
- “Rider Risk” DVD - MCC
- From Victoria: www.spokes.com.au
Previous Breakfast Torque Information (Motorcycle Safety Events)
Breakfast Torque is organised by a team passionate about motorcycle safety. The Local Government project involves team supporters and volunteers.
Sutherland Shire Council, Kogarah City Council and Rockdale City Council have been recognised for their efforts in helping coordinate the local motorcycle safety event, Breakfast Torque. This innovative event has been addressing the issues facing local motorcyclists since 2004. This project was presented with a 'Highly Commended Award for Excellence in Road Safety' from the IPWEA (Institute of Public Works Engineers, Australia) Local Government NSW Division, at an Awards Ceremony held by the Institute on Monday 17 May, 2010.
Read more about Motorcycle Awareness Week.