- At Home
- A New Plan for Our City
- Waste and Recycling
- Safety and Crime Prevention
Appealing an Infringement
If you have been issued an infringement and you believe extenuating circumstances exist you may write to the:
State Debt Recovery Office
PO Box 786
Strawberry Hills 2012
The Bureau acts as an independent agent to assess your claims, thereby preventing any potential conflict of interest.
The following types of appeal are not considered valid reasons for withdrawal of a parking infringement:
- poor visibility due to weather
- not noticing a sign
- reading only part of a multi-panel sign
- not able to read the sign from the front seat of your car
- forgetting to read the sign
- not noticing the sign has been changed
- running late or being in a hurry
- being delayed at an appointment ( appointments, such as medical, are widely known to run late therefore an allowance for this should be made when parking your car)
- stopping off in a prohibited area to pick up or drop off passengers
- being new to the area and unfamiliar with the restrictions
Licensed drivers are expected to be aware of the Road Rules and adhere to them at all times.
For further information please refer to the State Debt Recovery Office Review Guidelines.