Street lighting is a vital service provided by Ausgrid for the safety of pedestrians and drivers within our community.
Ausgrid offers a wide range of services, including 24-hour fault reporting, quarterly night-time patrols on major traffic roads, yearly night-time patrols of all streetlights and systematic replacement of lamps in every street light every 30 months, to ensure the lights are operating . They also proactively replace the intelligent sensors that turn the lights on and off.
What to do when a street light goes out
Ausgrid is responsible for repairing streetlights they own and maintain within their network.
You can inform Ausgrid of any problems with street lighting by either
- calling its 24 hour contact centre on 1800 044 808 or
- entering details of the problem directly at Ausgrid's Streetlight Fault Register with the following details:
- Location of the faulty streetlight by providing the nearest building number, street name and the nearest cross street to where the fault is located;
- The streetlight pole number which consists of two letters and five numbers (for example AB 12345) and is located at eye level on the pole.
- Any other relevant information that will assist in the repair work such as number of lights out, noting nearby landmarks such as those located near a roundabout or crossing.
Other street lighting matters
For other street lighting matters please contact Kogarah City Council.