Works on footpaths and roads
Residents require approval from Council to perform work on Council's footpath areas and roadways.
These works are limited as follows:
- Construction of driveways and pathways and drainage;
- Connection to kerbing or existing pipes of drainage pipelines;
- Alteration of boundary levels;
- Planting of trees and vegetation;
- Connection to service mains such as water, gas and electricity.
In all cases the resident must make an application to Council for the following reasons:
- To ensure works do not pose a risk to public and expose the applicant to litigation arising from public liability;
- To ensure works carried out comply with Council and Australian Standards.
Following the application, Council will provide design plans and or advice to assist you in the proposed works.